A client recently asked the question, "Is there a best way to attract executive recruiters, head-hunters..
Is There a Perfect Way to Attract Top Executive Recruiters?
A client recently asked me this question, "Is there a best way to attract and sustain the interest of executive recruiters, head-hunters, and the top global consulting firms?"
Without hesitation, I answered, "Yes" - with the proviso that you meet the key criteria expected in an executive-level LinkedIn Profile, CV and Resume.
• What is valued?
• What are they looking for?
• What professional traits are most valued?
If you place yourself in the position of the reader, you would want to see solid examples that corroborate claims of strategic, executive-level leadership; for example ....
• Innovative, change management capability
• Personal attributes, personality traits, management style
• International industry experience and competitive market insight
• Ability to drive growth, profit, and improve overall performance
Clear, unambiguous content highlighting your area of expertise will differentiate you in a congested job market. For best results, know that recruiters love key metrics that illustrate where a candidate has added value. Therefore, make clear your achievements, by stating . . . what you did .. how you did it .. what were the benefits
Prospective employers are extremely interested in knowing what you have done and, consequently, the value you can take to their business. To write a brilliant, impactful Profile, CV or Resume, you have to say exactly how you achieved and the positive impact. For example,
• Increased revenue and reduced overheads by systemising key processes
• Improved service levels and market share via customer-focused staff training
• Found solutions to complex problems via 'knowledge-sharing' staff workshops
• Spearheaded market expansion, geographically and by industry
Write succinctly, get to the point quickly, executive searchers do not have time to read a life-story! Make sure your text is jargon-free, easily readable, and the information relates directly to the job profile. Inject your personality, leadership style and decision-making capabilities .
• People management: built new leadership team, re-engaged, empowered, inspired and won the hearts and minds of employees by moving from an autocratic dictatorial management style to a knowledge-sharing, consultative team-based culture that recognised and rewarded talent
• Customer focus: improved service levels and customer satisfaction through simplification of all processes and empowering customer 'self-service' models; improving retention by more than 33%
• Project management: produced and gained approval to project plans, key approach documents, in-project governance, business case, PID, HLD, procurement strategies, process overviews, funding paper, ROI, cost benefit analyses and terms of reference.
Exec Recruiters scan Profiles, CVs and Resumes for specific key words matching the job or contract in hand. It is, therefore, important to weave these into the language of your document. Keywords help executive recruiters quickly identify candidates with relevant experience. Scour on-line job boards and press adverts to identify keywords that reflect your area of expertise. For example, the keywords in a HR Manager's job advert might include . .
• cultural change - CIPD - Investors in People - employee engagement - employee relations - recruitment & retention - talent acquisition - absence management - professional development - business partnering - HR policies - grievance & discipline - permanent, temporary, interim staffing solutions - training design & delivery
Strategically positioned keywords help you to attract the attention of executive search consultants and ensure that your Profile, CV and Resume remains focused and relevant.
Taking the right steps ...
• Whatever your achievements, however many keywords you include, progress is unlikely without the help of Executive Search Consultants and your personal network of contacts.
• So, what steps should you take? To identify Executive Recruiters in your area of expertise, research the internet, and join LinkedIn - the fastest growing business network! Register with executive searchers as they can help in accessing the top 'hot off the press', 'not yet posted' and 'hidden job market' executive jobs.
A professionally presented LinkedIn Profile, CV or Resume is the perfect way to attract Top Executive Recruiters and can save you time and money - leading not just to a new role but that 'once in a life-time' career opportunity.
For a free appraisal and no obligation quote, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org